Diplomacy is a game, kind of like Risk. There is one objective: to be the last one left standing. It is a war game based off of World War I, or rather, the teams are. There are 7 teams- France, England, Russia, Austria-Hungary, Germany, Italy, and the Ottoman Empire/Turkey.
The rules are simple and not so simple at the same time.
There is a diplomatic round and a orders round for each season. There is a Fall Season and a Spring season. In the diplomatic round, you are given time to make alliances or treaties. In the orders round, you move your army.
Each country starts off with 3-4 cities, supply regions, in which an army or a fleet is located. The goal is to capture other supply regions, gaining more armies, and knocking off other armies off of the board. For every supply region you capture, you gain one army or fleet at the end of the Fall Season. For every supply region you lose, you lose one army or fleet.
In this game, you are allowed to make treaties or break them. The treaties may be secret or public. It is your or the other team’s decision.
All armies are equal. Therefore, if one army faces off against one other army, then they will cancel out and bounce back to their territory. The only way to beat an army is to outnumber them- two armies to one army, three fleets to one fleet, so on. In order to do that, you may support your or another country’s army or fleet. There may only be one army or fleet in a territory.
Backstabbing and treaty-breaking is welcome.
The way this game’s logistics will work is that:
if we garner the interest of more than 7 players, then people will be separated into teams. Each team will be given the tumblr urls of their other teammates. How you communicate is up to you; whether through Skype or XKit or whatever. I suggest doing something like Google Hangouts so you may group screenshare, and have one person log on and make the moves for you, and then decide from there on out. I will post a public list of all the teams and which people belong to which one on my tumblr. Follow the tag “aph diplomacy” for updates.
Some things about participation:
1) Message me that you’re interested OFF OF ANON or if you have my facebook or skype you may tell me there too
2) Smack-talk is allowed ONLY if it is related to the game. (aka, calling someone backstabbing is fine. personally attacking them is not).
3) Since I will be a mod (I will be on one team, and make the moves since I have to be in the game to be able to view it I believe, but I will not influence any of my group members) you have to give me your form of communication, and I may pop in randomly to check up on how you’re doing or to answer any questions.
4) No ship hate.
5) If you want to add someone to your team, tell me so I may balance them out. If you are coming late, tell me too, and let your teammates know as well.
6) The date and time are on the picture. June 8 2013, 12noon US Central time.
I will try my best to put friends on opposite teams. It is more fun when your friend backstabs you than a random stranger. ;)
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE signal boost this, even if you can’t join the game! I’m sure others will want to do so but may not see it :)
If you have any questions, feel free to send an ask or make a post in the tag, “aph diplomacy”